Monday, September 22, 2008

This Is Where I Want To Work

I've been looking for a few years now for a job that would require my researching love and satisfy my desires to both teach and effect policy change or allow me to make policy changes. I've so far envisioned that career path to simply include me teaching at a university and then maybe, one day, through lots of publishing I'd be a noted public intellectual. Like Howard Zinn or Noam Chomsky, or maybe Ralph Nader (but, you know, without the angry suburbanites at rallies making out and acting like it's a rock concert).

Then today I discovered Public Diplomacy.

This is a new, uh, bureau? Section? Under the Department of State and promotes overcoming ideologies that valorize terrorism by winning the hearts and minds of publics around the world. The ultimate goal is to create a world where terrorism is an untenable option for people trying to affect change. And I support that.

No comments:

Post a Comment